Make Belgian waffles like a pro! Here’s an easy to follow homemade Belgian waffle recipe for waffles that are crispy light and delicious!
Note this recipe will make about 2 — 3 Belgian style waffles. For 4 — 6 waffles you’ll need to double the recipe.
1 cup Flour
4 tspn Sugar
1/2 tspn Salt (Video says 1 tspn because I used Kosher salt, use 1/2 tspn if using regular salt)
2 tspn Baking Powder
1/8 tspn Baking Soda
1 Egg Seperated
1 tblspn Canola Oil
2 tblspn Non-Salt Butter (Melted)
1 cup Water
1. Heat up your waffle iron while you gather your ingredients. I use a medium setting which gives me a nice lightly browned waffle.
2. In a medium bowl add your flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir together.
3. Add separated egg yolk and water to flour (dry ingredients). Mix it all together.
4. Add melted butter and canola oil. Mix together.
5. In a small bowl beat your egg white until fluffy or lighter. Add to your batter and mix together.
6. Add batter to your waffle iron and cook! Once the timer or cooked light comes on your done!
Serve with warm syrup and enjoy!!!
For an even simpler recipe with White Lily Self Rising Flour check out Super Easy Belgian Waffles, here: