Ingredients to make Roasted Vegetable Terrine:
Red Bell Pepper quartered cored and seeded – 2 large
Yellow Bell Pepper quartered cored and seeded – 2 large
Aubergine (Egg Plant) sliced length-wise – 1 large
Zucchini sliced length wise – 2 large
Olive oil – 9 spoons
Red onion thinly sliced – 1 large
Raisins – 75 gms
Tomato Pure paste – 1 ½ tsp
Red Wine Vinegar – 1 ½ tsp
Tomato Juice – 400 ml
Gelatin – 1 ½ tsp
For the Dressing:
90 ml extra virgin Olive oil, 30 ml Red Wine Vinegar, Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Roasted Vegetable Terrine Preparation Method:
1) Grill the pepper skin side down on a hot barbeque or grill until the skins began to blacken.
2) Using the tongs transfer the skins to a bowl, cover and leave to cool.
3) Brush the Aurbergine and Zucchini slice in oil and cook until turns golden in colour turning occasionally.
4) Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the Onion, Raisin, Tomato puree and Red Wine Vinegar. Cook until soft and as syrup. Leave to cool in the pan.
5) Pour half the tomato juice in a pan and sprinkle with gelatine. Let it dissolve gently over a low heat. Keep on stirring.
6) Lime and oil 1.75 liter. Terrain with clear film (plastic wrap) leaving a little hanging over the side. Place a layer of the red peppers in the base and pour in the enough of the tomato with gelatin to cover.
7) Repeat with the Aubergines, Zucchini yellow pepper and onion mixture ending with another layer of red pepper and covering each layer with tomato sauce and gelatine.
8) Add the remaining sauce if any left in the pan and pour into the terrine. Give it a sharp tap to eliminate air bubbles. Cover the terrine with clear film and chill until set.
9) whisk oil and vinegar and season with black pepper. Turn out the terrine and serve thick sliced, drizzled with dressing.