Can be Served for 4 Persons
- 500 grams Tofu, (Panner)
- 250 gm Broccoli florets, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 80 ml Orange juice (Freshly squeezed)
- 2 tsp Sweet red chile sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark sesame oil
- 5 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- Half inch Ginger finely chopped
- Small red bell pepper
- Seeded and cut into 1⁄2-inch strips
- Steamed brown rice, for serving
- Drain the tofu (Panner) by wrapping them in paper towels or thin cloth. After wrapping the tofu place a heavy vessels or any heavy object on the top of tofu, so the excess water will be drained, you can keep it for 10 minutes to drain.
- After 10 min take out the tofu from the paper towels and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan in a medium heat and add 11/2 tsp canola oil over. When the oil heats add the tofu and cook until golden brown in color on all sides. When the tofu turns brown remove them from the pan.
- Now add 11⁄2 tsp canola oil in the pan , add golden brown tofus to the pan and sprinkle it with 2 tsp of the tamari and yeast. Reducing the heat if necessary, turning and mix with a tongs occasionally, until the all the tofu is coated and becomes crispy. keep it a side.
- Add the cornstarch in a small bowl. Gradually whisk all the remaining 4 tsp tamari, orange juice, chile sauce, and sesame oil.
- In a deep saut pan, warm the remaining 1 tsp canola oil in a medium heat. Add finely chopped garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic. Add the broccoli, bell pepper and stir-fry until the broccoli turns to bright green color.
- Add 2 tsp water and cover it with a lid and steam till the broccoli is crisp and tender for about 2 min. Take off the lid add the orange juice mixture, and stir-fry till the sauce starts bubbling. Finally add the tofu in the pan and the dish is ready to dearve. You can serve directly with the rice.