Can be Served for 4 Persons
- 3 tsp Unsalted butter
- 500 g Cremini Mushrooms
- 1⁄2 tsp Caraway seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced Yellow onion
- 2 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Sweet Hungarian paprika
- 180 ml Dry white wine
- 375 grams Fresh pappardelle pasta
- 125 ml Sour cream or creme fraiche
- 7 grams Fresh dill chopped
- Take a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, take a wide frying pan heat it on a medium flame, melt 2 tsp of the butter.
- Add Mushrooms, caraway seeds, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and saute until the mushrooms release their liquid and turns in to brown.
- Add sliced onion and saute it until the onion turns tender and brown,
- Now add tomato paste, paprika and cook it for one min. Turn the flame to medium heat, add 180 ml white wine, and boil it until half the water has evaporates and the sauce becomes thick. Cover and set aside.
- Finally add pasta in the boiling water and cook it as per the instructions given on the package.
- Reserve 125 ml of the cooking water and drain the pasta. Take the pasta in a large serving bowl and add the remaining 1 tsp butter. Fold the sour cream and add chopped dill in the mushroom sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding a little bit of the pasta cooking liquid if needed. Spoon the sauce over the pasta and serve right away.