This is a snack item people use to eat in the evening time. Andhra people prefer eating this especially on rainy season. It is very tasty to enough eating pakoda while raining. Female use this basen powder as a face pack. It gives glow and removes tan on the skin.It reduces oiliness of the skin. It is a natural remedy to reduce pimples by applying basen paste to face and neck. Basen powder should be stored in an airtight container. When it exposes to air it forms into small lumps. Basen is rich in Zinc, iron, manganese and fiber.
Ingredients to Make Ulli Kadalu Pakodi:
1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
10-12 onion stalks chopped finely (discard the flower buds)
4 green chillies, chopped
Few curry leaves (optional)
1/4 Cumin seeds
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves (optional)
salt as required
1/4 tsp cooking soda (Optional)
oil for deep frying
water to make batter
Ulli Kadalu Pakodi Preparation Method:
1) Take basen powder into bowl keep it aside. Chop onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves and add all these to the basen bowl.
2) Add salt to taste cumin seeds and mix with the basen powder adding water and make it tight batter like bajji batter. Heat a khadai with full of oil to deep fry.
3) Check the oil whether it is heated or not by droping small batter to it. When it comes to fry in the oil is ready.
4) Now you can take the mixed batter and take a small quantity of the batter drop them in the oil.
5) Let them get deep fry in the oil till it changes to golden brown colour.
6) You can eat without chutney or you can serve with tomato sauce or any chutney according to your taste.