During the festival time people make this sweet out of rice. This is very traditional sweet in Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu. This is made of milk and jaggery and rice. It is tasty and healthy too. Preparing this dish is very easy and quick too.
Ingredients to make Bellam Paramannam:
1/2 cup raw rice washed and drained
1/2 cup sugar or grated jaggery
1 liter milk
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp ground green cardamom
Fried cashewnuts and raisins for garnish
1 tbsp ghee
Paramannam Preparation Method:
1) Take a vessel and add some milk to it and let it boil for a few minutes.
2) In the meanwhile take some rice and wash it thoroughly and soak it for twenty minutes. Now add this rice to the milk and let it boil till the rice gets cooked well in that milk.
3) Once the rice is boiled it looks thick, then lower the flame and let it boil slowly.
4) Now add some jaggery or sugar depending on your interest to the rice and mix well so that it is mixed well.
5) Heat ghee in a pan and add cashew nuts to it and fry them till they become brown in color and add them in the rice.
6) You can add some raisins and some cardamom powder and pinch of salt to it and mix thoroughly and turn off the flame and wait for few minutes and serve hot.
Note: When you are using jaggery instead of sugar it is advisable to melt the jaggery in the pan and then add it to the rice.
You can add coconut pieces when frying the ingredients which doubles the taste of the rice.