It is good for protecting nervous system and promotes the metabolism of the body. Prevents cancer, normalizes the blood sugar levels, heart diseases, and good for digestion. It contains carbohydrates and fibre in it. It is valuable source of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. It is also used in Thai and ayurvedic medicines. It is good for reducing high temperature when you are suffering with fever.
Ingredients for Gutti Dondakaya Vepudu:
1/4 kg fresh tender dondakayalu (gherkins, tondli, tindora, kunthroo)
2 medium onions
4 dry whole red chillis
1 tsp cumin seeds
7-8 garlic flakes, peeled
2 medium tomatos
oil for deep frying
10-12 curry leaves
Gutti Dondakaya Masala Vepudu preparation Method:
1) Take dondakayalu clean them and cut into flower shape. Keep it a side. Take pan heat oil add cumin seeds, mustard seeds let them splutter and add onions fry it for a minute.
2) Now add garlic paste, tomato pieces and fry it. Take the fried mixture and grind it into paste. Take the dondakayalu which are chopped and kept aside, stuff the paste. Heat the oil in a pan.
3) Add the stuffed dondakayalu and let them fry till the raw smell goes away and the colour of the dondakayalu changes to transparent, cover it with the lid.
4) Add some turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala mix it well. Add some water to it.
5) Leave it for a minute to boil the masala and it gives gravy to the curry. Remove the lid mix it and add chopped coriander leaves.
6) Switch off the flame. If you are interested add lemon juice to it. Serve hot with rice or roti or chappati.