Bananas contain vitamin B6, vitamin c and potassium. It is a good source of fiber, minerals, vitamins and it contains starch that may help to control blood sugar. The fiber controls heart diseases. Bananas are the rich source of carbohydrates. Unripe bananas contain decent amount of resistant starch.
Ingredients to make Aratikaya Vepudu:
2 raw plantains, peeled, sliced into thick rounds
2 tbsp fresh grated coconut
3 medium onion peeled, sliced into thick rounds
2 green chillies slit length wise
Ginger garlic paste
2 tomatoes sliced
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin pwd
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
10 curry leaves
2 tbsps oil
1/2 cup water
Aratikaya Fry Preparation Method:
1) Take raw bananas and peel the skin. Chop the bananas and boil them. In the mean time prepare masala. Chop some onions and keep aside. Now heat the oil in a pan add some cumin seeds, mustard seeds leave it for a second to splutter and add onions fry them until it changes to golden brown colour.
2) Add ginger garlic paste mix it until the raw smell goes away. Add curry leaves, chopped green chilies.
3) Add sliced tomatoes to it and leave for few minutes until the tomatoes turns to soft. Add the boiled and chopped banana to it. Mix the mixture with the bananas and add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and mix it.
4) Add some water to boil it for few minutes. Keep it in medium flame until the water gets absorbed.
5) After the water is absorbed add some coriander leaves to it. Switch off the flame serve the curry with roti or rice.