Ingredients to make Vegetable Pulao Recipe:
Cauliflower – 15 small florets
½ Fresh green peas
2 cup Basmati rice
2 tablespoons Ghee
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds
10 dry grapes (kismiss)
10 halved Cashewnuts
4 Dried dates slit to four pieces
1 tbsp Ginger paste
1 cup Yogurt
1 tbsp Garam masala powder
10 Black peppercorns crushed
Salt -as required to taste
Jodhpuri Pulao Preparation Method:
1) Soak the basmathi rice for 30 minutes.
2) Heat ghee in a deep non-stick pan, Splutter the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and sauté for a while.
3) Then add the raisins, kismis, cashew nuts, almonds, ¼ cup water, dates and cook for a while.
4) Now add the ginger paste and soaked rice and sauté for a minute. Add the cauliflower and yogurt, stir well.
5) Add salt, garam masala powder and freshly crushed peppercorns and mix. Add 4 cups of water and green peas, stir well, close a lid and cook on high medium flame till a bubble boil.
6) Now stir the boiling rice twice or thrice, reduce the flame to simmer flame and cook till the water is completely drained and the rice is boiled well, switch off the flame. Simple Jodhpuri pulao is ready.
You can also add some more veggies like carrot, beans, potato etc, to make the pulao as vegetable pulao.
While preparing veggie pulao, you should add 4 or 5 cloves, 1 inch piece cinnamon, green chillies etc,