Ingredients for Patrani Macchi Recipe
¼ kg Fish slices
½ cup coconut pieces
2 bunches coriander leaves
4 green chilies
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp chopped garlic pieces
4 tsp lemon juice
1 medium size banana leaf or as required for covering the fish pieces
Oil and Salt as required
Patrani Macchi Preparation Method
1) Take together the coconut pieces, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, green chilies, garlic pieces, lemon juice and enough salt in a mixer jar and bring them like a paste.
2) Coat the mixture well on both sides of the fish pieces and marinate for 30 minutes.
3) Pack each of the fish pieces with enough banana leaf and tie closing the edges with thread.
4) Cook these packed fish in an idly cooker for 5 to 8 minutes on lower medium flame and turn off.
5) Or you can fry each of the packed fish pieces on a frying pan also by adding enough oil.
6) Patrani Macchi is ready