Ingredients for Fish Mahi Khaliya:
¼ kg fish pieces
1 tbsp sesame seeds
15 cashew nuts
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp copra powder
5 green chilies
1 tbsp tamarind juice
2 tbsp cumin seeds
2 strings curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
4 or 5 tbsp oil
1 tsp poppy seeds
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt as required
Fish Mahi Khaliya Preparation Method:
1) Take together the poppy & sesame seeds, copra powder and cashew nuts in a mixer jar and grind them like a soft paste, keep it aside.
2) Heat a frying pan with 4 or 5 tbsp oil or as you require.
3) Add & fry cumin seeds, curry levees, green chilies (slit to 4/1) and mustard seeds on a medium flame.
4) When the above ingredients are fried normally, and then add the chopped onion and sauté.
5) Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, tamarind juice and salt and cook.
6) When the tamarind juice is boiled and the oil comes up, add the fish slices and ¾ cup water and cook on simmer flame.
7) After the fish is cooked tender, add the prepared masala paste in it and cook till the dish comes like gravy, turn off.
8) Fish Mahi Khaliya is ready, Serve Hot with rice or roti.