Prawns are usually categorized as sea food. Prawns are rich in vitamin B12. It is good for sharp memory and cardiac health. It contains fewer calories compared to meat and other non vegetarian food. It is good for weight loss diet. It contains proteins, minerals and vitamins. It is good for blood circulation. It is good for kidney patients. It prevents the growth of cancer cells as it contains selenium. It is also good for liver. Eating prawns for twice a week is good for kidneys.
Ingredients to make Royyala Pulusu:
500 gms prawns shelled, de-veined and cleaned
1 large onion finely chopped
1 medium tomato chopped
10 Curry leaves
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
3 green chillies slit length wise
1 tsp chilli powder
1/3 tsp turmeric powder
2 inches Raw coconut
1 tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp Poppy seeds
1/4 tsp garam masala pwd
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp curd
Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
Royyala Iguru Prepration Method:
1) Take prawns and remove the skin and clean them keep it aside. Take cumin seeds, coriander seeds, poppy seeds, ginger garlic paste and coconut. Grind them into a fine paste. Add turmeric powder and this grinded paste to prawns. Mix little curd and keep it aside.
2) Leave it for few minutes. Take the chopped onions add them to the heated oil pan and fry them till it changes to golden brown colour. Add salt, chopped green chillies, curry leaves and fry them for a minute.
3) Cover the lid and keep it in a medium flame. Now remove the lid and mix the onions and add tomatoes to it. Leave it till the tomatoes get soft.
4) Take the marinated prawns and add to the mixture and mix it to spread the masala to prawns. Cover the lid and keep it for few minutes on medium flame and add some water to get gravy.
5) Add garam masala, red chilli powder and leave it till the water gets boiled and gives good gravy to the curry.
6) Now you can remove the lid and add coriander leaves for garnishing the curry. Switch off the flame and mix it well. You can also add lemon juice if you are interested. Serve hot with roti or chappati or rice.
Note: If you like spice food you can add more chilli power as required.