Ingredients Hong Kong Chicken:
½ kg boneless chicken
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp vinegar
4 tbsp pepper powder
4 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp – Corn flour, dissolved in 1.5 cup water
1 tbsp sugar
2 cup chicken stock
3 tbsp sesame oil
5 tbsp vegetable oil
5 stalks coriander leaves
2 eggs (white and yellow part in a small bowl and beat it well)
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp sesame seeds
Salt as require to taste
Oil as required for deep fry and 2 tbs for normal fry
For Hong Kong Sauce
2 cups of spring onion or 2 onion stems – chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
5 tsp green chilies – chopped
5 tsp red chili – broken
Hong Kong Chicken Preparation Method:
1) Cut the boneless chicken into small pieces and clean with cold water.
2) Take together the beaten eggs content, pepper powder (3 tbsp), corn flour (5 tbsp), soy sauce (2 tbsp), vinegar (2 tbsp) and salt in a small bowl and blend well. Add some water, bring it like paste.
3) Coat well the chicken with the paste and marinate for 30 minutes or above.
4) Heat 1 cup of oil in a deep frying pan and fry the marinated chicken pieces, keep aside.
5) Heat the vegetable oil in the same pan taking away the used oil for chicken fry, sauté the ginger garlic paste, green & red chilies for 30 seconds and add the chopped onion pieces or onion stem pieces fry till they turns golden brown, then add and stir fry tomato paste, sugar for one minute.
6) Mean while add the remaining items (corn flour, soy sauce, pepper powder, vinegar, sugar, coriander leaves) in a small bowl, mix well.
7) Add the chicken stock and the above prepared paste (prepared in the bowl), sauté of 30 seconds on high flame and reduce the flame to lower medium.
8) Now add the fried chicken and stir fry for another 30 to 40 seconds and add the corn flour solution a little at a time to reach the desired sauce consistency.
9) After a minute add the sesame oil and check for seasoning. Add salt if required. Close a lid.
Serve after 10 to 15 minutes.