How to Prepare Chicken Marengo Recipe
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast Slices
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 8 Tablespoon Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Can (14-16 oz) Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 4 Servings of Rice
- Heat Olive Oil in a large frying pan, when the oil heats add Chicken, Onion, Vinegar, Crushed Garlic, Chopped Parsley, Tomato Sauce and salt as required.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook for about half hour in a simmer flame, add water and cook for 20 min until ingredients are tender (mix the chicken in between).
- Take away the cooked chicken slices to a bowl and cook the remaining sauce in the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes in a very low flame.
- Take a serving dish and place the rice and pour the sauce on it and serve it.
Variation: Use Chicken Stock instead of Water. Use 1 Bay Leaf with the chicken.