How to Make Chikkudukaya Vepudu | Avarakkai Fry | Lima Beans Fry
Lima beans are good for controlling cholesterol. Indian beans are broad in size. It contains fibre, copper, manganese, calcium etc.
This is good for reducing breast cancer. It is a good source of cholesterol-lowering fibre
Ingredients for Chikkudukaya Vepudu:
250 gms Indian beans
2 onions, chopped
1 green chilli, slit lengthwise
8 garlic flakes, crushed
10-12 curry leaves
Green Chillies (Optional)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera, jeelakara)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp sugar or jaggery (optional)
salt to taste
Spicy Chikkudukaya Vepudu Preparation Method:
1) Take green coloured lima beans. Peel off the fibre and cut them into two or three pieces. Soak them in clean water. Boil the beans in hot water adding some salt to it and keep them a side now heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, half tea spoon of Bengal gram, green gram let them splutter. Add curry leaves and crushed garlic flakes.
2) Let it fry for few seconds and now add chopped onions. Let them fry until it changes it colour into light brown.
3) Now add some turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and add boiled beans and mix the coat well and cook it in a medium flame until it observes the flavours to the beans to make fine taste.
4) Add some sugar or jaggery it gives good taste to the fry. And cover it with the lid. If you’re interested to eat more spice you can also add green chillies.
5) After few minutes remove the lid and check whether it is ready or not. If it is ready to serve then add some chopped coriander leaves to the dish and switch off the flame.
6) Now you can serve the fry with rice or chapatti.