How To Make Andhra Vegetable Pulao Recipe
Vegetable pulao is a complete delicious whole vegetable meal with all types of spices added to it. This recipe contains proteins, vitamins in it. Eating whole vegetable meal is good for health.
It is easy to prepare even for the people who run for their work. As it is easy to cook it can be prepared especially in occasions, parties, festivals etc. The mixed vegetables will add health and good odour to the pulao and increases the appetite and improves the digestion.
Ingredients for Vegetable Pulao:
2 cups of Basmati Rice / Normal Rice (wash & soak in water for half an hour and drain)
1/2 cup chopped french beans
1 cup cubed potatoes
1 cup cubed carrots
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup sliced onions
1/4 cup green peas
3 green chillis slit lengthwise
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves (pudina)
2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp shahjeera
2″ cinnamon stick
2 marathi mogga
2 aniseeds stars (annaspuvvuv, badai)
2 bay leaves (biryani aaku, tej patta)
pinch of mace
1/4 tsp garam masala powder (cloves, cardamom, cinnamon)
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp ghee
Oil for deep frying onions
Salt to taste
Vegetable Pulao Preparation Method:
1) To prepare this we can use normal rice or basmati rice. First we need to wash the rice with normal water twice to remove any dirt from the mill. For basmati rice you need to soak the rice in water for few minutes before cooking and for normal rice we can add rice directly. Soaking helps in easy boiling of basmati rice.
2) Select a pressure cooker or a rice cooker, or in any heavy bottomed vessel add some oil and ghee and add three or four bay leaves and biryani garam masala and fry them for few seconds. Make sure the flame is in medium.
3) Now take vegetables like carrot, capsicum, cabbage leaves, potato and beans. Wash then and cut them into small pieces.
4) Add all the vegetables and green chillies to the fired bay leaves and cover them with a lid. Let them boil by keeping the heat in a medium flame for few minutes.
5) Now add a spoon of ginger and garlic paste and let it fry. You can add some cashew if you like.
6) Add the rice and mix it well with vegetables and fry it for few minutes. Add required amounts of water to it. Now add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves to it. Stir the water well so that everything is mixed properly and then add salt to it. Cover with the lid and leave it for few minutes. Cook it on a medium flame until it is done.
7) Now take a pan and add little amount of oil or ghee. Let it heat for a second and add finely chopped onions. Fry them until it turns into light golden brown colour. Once turned to golden brown colour turn off the flame and take it into a separate bowl. Now check whether the rice is cooked well along with the vegetables.
8) Now, the Andhra vegetable pulao is ready to serve. And then garnish with fried onions, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and turn off the flame. Serve the puloa when it is hot. You can also add raita while eating puloa it adds delicious taste to the vegetable puloa.