Ingredients to make Gutti Vankaya Kura:
Brinjal (Eggplant) – ½ kg
Black grams – 25 grams
Bengal grams – 25 grams
Coriander seeds – 25 grams
Red chillies – 12 nos
Ginger – 1 small piece (skin removed and simply press on a mortar to open its smell)
Oil & Salt – as required
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped
Gutti Vankaya Kura Preparation Method:
1) Slit all the brinjals diagonally with the stalks intact. Keep them in salt water for 10 minutes and clean with normal water.
2) Heat some oil in a fry pan. Fry the black and Bengal grans till it turns brown colour, then add coriander seeds, ginger piece and lastly the red chillies and get it down.
3) Add some salt to the fried items when they become cool, beat them in a mixer.
4) Now stuff the powder in the gaps of all the brinjal and put it in the remaining powder and marinate for 15 minutes.
5) Heat some oil in a fry pan and put all the marinated brinjals and the paste in the oil and let it boil well for a 3 minutes. Stir them regularly.
6) Add ½ cup of water and some salt (as required to taste) and let them boil till the brinjal turns soft and tender. Get the dish down sprinkling some coriander leaves on them, covering a lid.
7) Be careful not to let the gravy masala should not leave the brinjals while boiling.
8) Serve the brinjals after 10 minutes.
You may add half lemon squeezed juice on the dish before getting down.
If you have any skin allergy, add a spoon of lemon juice.