Preparation Time : 30 Min
Can be Served for 2 Adult or 4 Children’s
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 200 g fresh firm tofu (Panner)
- 150 g turnip, kohlrabi or swede (rutabaga)
- ½ red pepper
- 50g Green beans
- 2 spring onions
- One Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Spray oil
- 4 round lettuce leaves
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 or 2 small red or green chillies to taste
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- Take a non-stick fry pan and heat it over a medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds and cook, frequently stir it until golden and starts popping. Remove
the sesame seeds to a plate and let it cool.
- Drain the tofu (Panner) by wrapping them in paper towels or thin cloth. After wrapping the tofu place a heavy vessels or any heavy object on the top of tofu, so the excess water will be drained, you can keep it for 10 minutes to drain by keeping aside.
- Using a mortar and pestle: snip in the chilli, add the garlic and pound till everything smashes, now add soy sauce, lime juice and honey, and mix well. Simultaneously, crush the pealed garlic and chop the chilli and mix them with the remaining dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Peel the turnip, kohlrabi or swede grate it with the help of a cheese
grater on the rough side. Slice the pepper thinly.
- Add the beans, onions by slicing them thinly in diagonal shape.
- Take a bowl and mix the veg completely, reserve some mint leaves, 1 tbsp of the dressing, then mix
the rest in the salad and keep it aside.
- Heat a grill pan on a high flame. Cut the tofu into 1 cm thick slices and spray oil on both sides.
- Char-grill on both side until it turns to deep golden stripes appear on the tofu by using a fork.
- In the meantime, assemble the salad by taking take 2 plates & place 2 lettuce leaves and top the mixed salad. Garnish the salad with mint leaves and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Top each wrap with a piece of tofu, spoon the reserved dressing over the tofu, and its ready to serve.