Making process of Stir fried Vegetables n Spicy Orange Honey Sauce. This dish is a Chinese Dish.
Ingredients For 5 spice blend:
- 1 tablespoon cloves
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 4 – 6 star anise
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
Ingredients For Sauce & Vegetables:
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- black pepper
- 2 sprigs spring onions chopped finely
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 heaped tbsp orange marmalade
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 3 – 4 baby corn
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 tsp 5 spice blend
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 carrot
- Salt to taste
- 5 – 6 button mushrooms
- For the 5 spice blend, mix all spices in a mortar pestle and crush to a rough powder. Keep apart.
- For the stir-fried green vegetables in orange-honey sauce, heat a pan over high flame. Add sesame oil and swirl the pan.
- Add ginger, garlic and spring onions and stir-fry until garlic turns golden and is aromatic.
- Add Dijon mustard, marmalade and orange juice and stir properly to mix.
- Add soya sauce with 5 spice blend, salt and pepper. Stir on 2 tbsp water and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Add honey with all of the green vegetables and toss it properly. Cook for two to three minutes and remove from flame.
- Serve sizzling with steamed rice.
Make this dish at house and tell us the way it turned out. Do keep up a correspondence with us by sending in your feedback/suggestions.