Schezwan fried rice is among the star dishes in any Chinese restaurants. But making them at house is not at all tough. Trust me they taste the same as in restaurants.The only time consuming part is the uniform chopping of veggies. Once that’s completed , tossing them together does not take a lot time.You could make Schezwan sauce in house or simply purchase prepared made sauce. This time to show the quick version,i’ve used retailer purchased, quickly will share the recipe of home made Schezwan sauce.
- Cooked Rice – 3 cups (Basmati rice or regular white rice)
- Cabbage -l /2 small cup ; finely shredded
- Beans – 5-8 ;Cut into very thin diagonal cuts
- Carrot – 1; cut into thin strips
- Capsicum – 1 ; cut into thin strips
- Baby Corn – 4-5 ; Cut to thin diagonals
- Garlic – 6-9 pods, finely mined
- Pepper powder to taste
- Onion – 1 big ; finely chopped or sliced
- Ching’s Secret Miracle Schezwan Chutney / any schezwan sauce-2 tbsp
- Green chilly – 1-2
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Spring onion -4-6 ; white sliced thin and green chopped
- Spring onion greens for Garnishing
Wash rice in the proportion 1 : 2 ie 1 glass rice ,2 glass water and cook it by adding little salt. The cooked rice grains should not be mushy. Once cooked, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate and cooled the rice before using. Chop carrot, beans, cabbage, capsicum and babycorn in to thin strips.
In a big pan, heat up the oil add garlic, green chillies, onion & white of spring onion in high flame. Saute for few seconds till onion turns transparent.
Add carrot,beans and babycorn as cooking time is more for them. Stir fry for about a minute.
Then add cabbage and capsicum. Sprinkle little salt and stir fry for few more seconds. All the vegetables should retain their crunchiness so take care not to overcook them.
Add schezwan sauce and pepper and stir fry for 10 more seconds, add cooked rice and greens of spring onion.Fry on high flame for few more minutes so the rice will get coated with sauce and are completely heated up.Check the seasoning .Add more if required.
Finally garnish Schezwan fried rice with spring onion greens and serve hot with veg manchurian, gobi manchurian or any other dish of your choice.
- All the cooking is prepared on high flame .
- Don’t overcook rice cook.
- Spread the rice gently and allow it to cool nicely. Rice has to be cooled nicely before mixing else lumps will be formed and dish becomes sticky.
- You can add other vegetables in Schezwan Fried Rice like peas, mushroom, paneer etc.
- if you want noodles replace rice with noodles, schezwan noodles is ready.