Ingredients to make Spicy Chicken Pickle:
1 kg skin and boneless Chicken (cut into small even sizes pieces)
½ tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
1½ tbsp Red chilli powder
½ tspn Turmeric powder
2 tbsp Salt
3 normal size Lemon
5 tbsp Oil
For Masala Powder
3 tbsp Coriander seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1½ tbsp Fenugreek seeds
1 tbsp Poppy seeds
2 inch piece Cinnamon stick
1 Star anise
30 leaves Curry leaves
1 pinch Methi seeds
5 cloves Garlic (beat them slightly)
4 Red chillies
¾ cup Oil
Spicy Chicken Pickle Method:
1) Dry roast each of the spices (only the items mentioned under Masala powder) separately over low heat until a nice aroma comes out, and let it cool. Mix and grind them all together like powder (soft or rough). Take care to keep the masala powder away from water
2) Heat 1 spoon of oil in a pan, fry the washed chicken pieces till the water in the chicken drained away completely and turns brown, switch off.
3) When the chicken pieces become cool, add the dry masala powder with salt (as like added for pickles), stir to coat well. Marinate for a 30 minutes.
4) Heat 4 tbsps of oil in a heavy-bottomed wide pan on lower medium flame.
5) Fry the marinated chicken pieces, then add ginger-garlic paste, and red chilli powder, salt if required, increase the flame a little, close a lid and cook, but keep on stirring at regular intervals, reduce the flame after 5 minutes and fry on the lower medium flame for 30 minutes. But see to that the chicken pieces are not over fried or blackened, switch off.
6) Heat ¾th cup of oil in another pan and fry the curry leaves, methi seeds, beaten garlic, and dry red chillies. Saute them well.
7) Now add this fried ingredients in the chicken pieces, stir gently so that all the spices coats well.
8) Heat the squeezed lemon juice in low flame for a few seconds. Warming of lime juice is required in Andhra chicken pickle for preservation needs.
9) Add the lemon juice, chilli powder in the chicken pieces and stir well. Store the pickles in an airtight container and refrigerate OR without refrigeration will stay for a month only.
Add the lemon juice in the chicken pieces and stir well. Store the chicken pickle in an airtight container and refrigerate.
This Chicken pickles stays fresh for a month without refrigeration.
Can add spice masala to increase spiciness according to your hot taste.