Ingredients Peanuts Quinoa Khichdi:
2 cups Quinoa (if not available may opt for Barley or wheat semolina)
2 medium size potatoes – pressure cooked, peeled & roughly mashed
Handful of roasted peanuts
Pinch of turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 green chillies
2 tbsp fresh grated coconut
½ cup Fresh coriander chop
Salt as required
1 tbsp cooking oil
Quinoa Khichdi Preparation Method:
1) Boil tender the potatoes, peel and mash well, set it aside.
2) Dry roast the ground nuts and beat them in a mixer coarsely, keep it aside.
3) Dry roast quinoa for a few of minutes. Set aside.
4) Bring 2 cups of water (use additional water if required) to a boil, add quinoa (barley or wheat semolina) & let it cook for about 10 mins on medium flame.
5) When completely cooked, stir gently for once and set it aside.
6) Take a heavy bottomed pan, heat cooking oil, splutter cumin seeds, then sauté the green chillies (thinly sliced) for a minute.
7) Add in mashed potatoes, salt, turmeric and crushed peanuts, stir mix for a two seconds.
8) Now add cooked quinoa and grated coconut, mix well again. Check for seasoning.
9) Sprinkle the coriander leaves, close a lid and let it stand for a few mins and turn off the flame.
10) Quinoa Khichdi is ready.
11) This Quinoa Khichdi can be consumed as breakfast or lunch box or dinner.