Ingredients for Nawabi Khichdi:
1 cup brown rice
¾ cup split grams (yellow)
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp Caraway Seeds
1 inch pieces of cinnamon
1 pinch asafetida
2 strings curry leaves
5 tbsp chopped cashew nuts – grind like soft paste
10 cashew nuts for fry
½ fresh milk creams
2 tbsp mint leaves
2 strings coriander leaves – chopped
1 cup milk
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
¼ tsp pepper powder
4 green chilies
100 grams paneer
¾ cup green peas
Salt as required
Nawabi Kichidi Preparation Method:
1) Clean and soak the rice and split grams for 30 minutes.
2) Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, fry adding one by one the caraway seeds, cloves, cinnamon pieces, cardamom, curry leaves, asafetida powder and mint leave by two minutes.
4) Add ginger garlic paste, cashew nut paste in the fry and sauté for another minute.
5) Now add the soaked rice and split grams (after draining the water completely), milk, milk cream and enough water in the cooker and boil for a minute on lower medium flame.
6) Then add enough salt and green chilies paste in the mixture, stir well and close the lid and cook until 4 whistles.
7) Meanwhile fry the paneer pieces till they turns slightly brown in color and add cashew nuts in it and fry for a minute and switch off.
8) Cook the green peas separately.
9) Now open the cooker lid and add the cooked green peas, paneer fry mix, coriander leaves chop and pepper powder, mix well and close the lid again, wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
10) Nawabi Khichdi is ready.