Andhra Style Vankaya Fry | Eggplant Fry
Ingredients to make Brinjal Fry Recipe:
Brinjal (Eggplant) – ½ kg
Onions – 3
Chilli powder – 1 spoon
Garam masala – 1 spoon
Oil – 4 tbsp
Salt to taste.
Popu Dinusulu- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 10
Fresh Coriander – chopped for garnish
Brinjal Fry Preparation Method:
1) Take water in a bowl add some salt.
2) Wash the brinjals and slice them one or one and half inch sizes. Add them in salt water.
3) Heat oil and fry the fry mix, curry leaves, chopped onion and then the brinjal pieces till the brinjal turns soft.
4) Add the chilly powder, garam masala some salt and stir fry till the brinjal totally boils and turns like semi paste and get it down.
5) Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice or Chapati
You can add crushed ground nut powder it adds more taste to Brinjal Fry.
If you have any skin allergy, add a spoon of lemon juice.
Popu Dinusulu – Fry mix : A mixed lentils of mustard seeds, split urad dal, split gram dal, and cumin.