How to make Mutton leg Soup | Andhra Style Mutton Soup Recipe | Spicy Mutton Soup
Ingredients to make Mutton leg Soup:
1 kg Sheep or Goat legs
200 gms Boneless mutton
Bay leaves – 2
Onions – 2
1 big finely chopped Tomato
1 tsp Pepper powder
1 tbsp Garam masala
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp Pepper powder
3 tbsp Ghee
¼ tsp Turmeric
1 bunch each of Coriander & Mint leaves
Cardamom – 2
Salt to taste
2 inch piece Ginger
4 or 5 cloves Garlic paste
2 springs Curry leaves
1 tsp Fennel seeds
1 small piece Cinnamon
Cloves – 3
1 tsp Mustard seeds
2 tbsp Oil
Spicy Mutton Soup Preparation Method:
1) Take away the skin on the legs & Clean them with water properly. Cut them 3 to 5 inches pieces each.
2) Take all together, the mutton pieces & Bones, bay leaves, one onion cut to four pieces, 4 liters of water, salt & turmeric powder in a pressure cooker and boil till 5 to 10 whistles (accordingly) on high flame and get it down OR you can boil them in a open pan for 20 minutes on high flame.
3) Take a pan, heat oil and tamper all the items one by one – mustard, cinnamon, fennel seeds, cloves, cardamom, curry leaf, stir fry for till release aroma.
4) Beat the ginger and garlic, and add in it, fry for 30 seconds, to this add the finely chopped onion (remaining one) and fry till turns brown.
5) Then add tomato pieces and fry for 5 more minutes or wait till turns mushy and get it down.
6) Now add this tamper into the boiled mutton and boil on low medium flame for 15 minutes, add the chopped coriander leaves and pepper powder stay for a minute and get it down closed with a lid.
7) If necessary add salt and and a cup of water.
8) Serve as warm soup or with steamed rice or with idly or dosa.
You can increase the amount of pepper powder or the ginger garlic paste according to the spiciness one needs.
Let the mutton bones and the flesh boil well so that the taste merges with the soup well for better taste.
You can prepare the soup only with the leg bones but should not remove the skin on it but clean them well till the burnt black and smell goes away.
If the mutton and the bones are boiled well for two or more whistles then the bone will become easy to bite.