Andhra Mutton Curry | How to Make Mutton Curry at Home
Mutton contains good source of proteins, vitamins and minerals. It burns fat in your body. It contains vitamin B in goat meat. Eating mutton prevents anemia. Eating mutton is good for bones. It is good for blood pressure because it contains low potassium and sodium. It is a good source of Zinc and Iron contain in it. Iron is good for the formation of red blood cells. Mutton has more health benefits. It increases the immunity system.
Ingredients for Mutton Curry:
1 kg mutton (lamb/goat)
3/4 Cup Curd
2 Onions finely sliced
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Green Chilli or Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp jeera seeds (Cumin seeds)
A hand full of Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Spicy Mutton Curry preparation Method:
1) Take a bowl mix mutton with curd and marinate it for minimum half hour maximum one hour.
2) Take kadhai heat oil then add cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies or Red Chilli Powder, and onions and fry it. When the onions turns to golden brown colour add garlic paste fry it till the raw smell goes away.
3) Now you can add mutton to the mixture and cover with the lid till the water comes out from the mutton pieces.
4) After that remove the lid and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and add some water to it. Now cook it on low heat for some time until the meat is tender.
5) Now you can add coriander leaves and mix well switch off the flame. Keep it aside for a couple of minute. Now your mutton curry is ready to serve with hot rice or roti.
Mutton Curry Recipe Using presser cooker:
1) Take pressure cooker add the mutton, little salt and turmeric powder pour 200 ml of water. Wait for 10 to 12 whistles so the mutton & the bones becomes soft & tender and keep it a side until the pressure releases. Take the cooked mutton in a bowl.
2) Place the same pressure cooker on the medium flame add oil, when the oil becomes hot add cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies or Red Chilli Powder, and onions and fry till the onions turns brown.
3) Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 min and add red chilli powder, garam masala powder fry for 2 min and add the mutton, water as required and salt if needed.
4) Close the pressure cooker and wait for one or two whistles and switch off the flame. when pressure releases open the lid and add coriander leaves.
Note: you can prepare Mutton Curry without adding water also.