Andhra Getti Pappu Kura | Dal Recipe
Ingredients Getti Pappu Kura:
1 cup dry green grams (pesarapappu / moong dhal / pacchai payiru)
6 green chilies
5 grams ginger or 2 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp turmeric
10 small onion
2 tbsp butter
Salt as required for taste
1 tsp ghee
4 garlic cloves
4 red chilies
1 bunch coriander leaves
Dal Preparation Method:
1) Soak the dry green grams for 15 or 20 minutes and then add enough water to boil till 5 or 6 whistles in a cooker, switch off the flame and let it cool.
2) Remove the lid of the cooker the vapor goes away.
3) Grind the boiled grams with a stirring stick to make it like a paste.
4) Keep the cooker again on a lower medium flame and add a glass of water, stir well and add the small onions, ginger paste or grated ginger, butter, turmeric, green chilies (slit to four pieces) and salt. Let it boil. Meanwhile.
5) Heat ghee in a frying pan. When the Ghee melts add and fry the red chilies, cloves and garlic cloves.
6) Now add the tamper in the cooker and stir well.
7) Let it boil till the mixture turns to somewhat hard paste, add the chopped coriander leaves, close a lid and switch off.
8) Andhra Pappu Kura is ready to serve with steamed rice.